Friday, May 20, 2011

Moving Fast

It seems at times that I look up at my children and wonder where time went.  Last night was one of these times.  Lexi had her 5th grade musical "Pirates".  They all did an amazing job.  As I sat there and watched I remembered her very first school musical in Kindergarten  when she was dressed as a cute little bug.  I can't believe that so much time has past.  She is growing quickly into a beautiful young woman.  Next week marks the end of  her Elementary School days and ahead are the days of Junior High.  She has started to hit the stage where most days mom and dad aren't cool and she doesn't really tell us much of anything.  The days where  she talks to us on Facebook despite that we live in the same house.  It makes me sad for myself and excited for her.  Lexi is so incredibly smart and I can't wait to see where life leads her.  As I went to be last night I layed and watched Maddox sleep.  I realized just how fast time goes by.  Then, as I was sleeping I was awakened to a weak sound of "MOM"  from across the house.  It was Lexi.  She was sick.  In that moment all she wanted was Mommy to hold an comfort her.  In a weird way her being sick was almost a blessing.  It reminded me that no matter how big she gets or how uncool she thinks we are, she will always need us at different times in her life for different reasons.   Lexi we Love you!  Here are a few pictures from her play last night.  The first one is Lexi posing for the camera, the second is her and her best friend Brooke.  They sure are cute Pirates.



No comments:

Post a Comment